Sunday, November 4, 2012

Thanksgiving Breakfast for the needy

Can you help?  Denise Levy is once again coordinating a Thanksgiving breakfast for the homeless at Little Portion Friary.  Here is her letter...
Hello,
I've already heard from a few people interested in providing breakfast items and/or service at Little Portion Friary on Thanksgiving morning. Here's the basic list of breakfast items I'd like to provide. If you're interested in sending something not listed, please email me. I would like to stay away from too many sugary baked goods as I've seen tons of donated doughnuts and sweets in their freezers each time I've been there.
I've listed 4 egg items or egg bakes. If you're interested in providing one of them but don't have a recipe, I have an easy one I'd be glad to share.
General info: There are usually approximately 8 women and 17 men. They eat in separate dining rooms so we try to divide the items among the two dining rooms accordingly. Breakfast is between 8:00 and 8:30.

We meet in the Westfield parking lot at 7:30am. People providing the hot items should bring them hot. We leave for Little Portions by 7:45, get there, set up and serve. The guests are responsible for clean up so we usually leave by 9:00/9:30am.
Breakfast items:
  • Eggs/Egg Bake:
  • Eggs/Egg Bake:
  • Eggs/Egg Bake:
  • Eggs/Egg Bake:
  • Bagels – dozen:
  • Bagels – dozen:
  • Bagels – dozen:
  • Cream cheese – 3 bricks:
  • Orange juice – 2 gallons:
  • Orange juice – 2 gallons:
  • Potatoes:
  • Potatoes:
  • Whole fruit:
Email me back and let me know what you’re interested in providing for the breakfast. If I’ve left anything out, please don’t hesitate to contact me.
Thank you,