Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Exam Time! - a prayer and more

http://bit.ly/IoHQl3

AN EXAM PRAYER:

O God of Wisdom,

I thank you for the knowledge gained and experiences of this time.
I come to you on this day and ask you to enlighten my mind and heart.
Let your Holy Spirit be with me as I prepare for these exams, guiding my studies,
and giving me insight so that I can perform to the best of my ability.

Please grant me the strength to handle the pressure of these days of exams,
the confidence to feel secure in my knowledge,
and the ability to keep an appropriate perspective through it all.

Help me to keep in mind what is truly important,
even as I focus my time and energy on these exams.

Finally, may I sense your peace in knowing that I applied myself to the challenges of this day.

I ask this through Jesus Christ our Lord.  Amen. 

from the Diocese of Down & Connor, Ireland - http://www.downandconnor.org/


* * * * *
A CATHOLIC STUDENT'S
EXAMINATION OF CONSCIENCE:

Am I selfish in my studies?  Do I think learning is just for my personal benefit?

Am I aware that God is calling me to share my intellectual gifts for His greater glory?

Do I think I am smarter than I really am?

Do I persist in thinking that faith and reason are opposed to each other?

Have I studied my Catholic Faith as seriously as I have studied secular subjects?  Do I opine on religious matters without having done my religious homework?

Have I thanked my teachers sufficiently?  Have I especially thanked my parents?

Have I allowed the mockery of non-religious people to keep me silent about Jesus, the Way, the Truth and the Life?

Am I prepared for God's final exam?



Mary, Seat of Wisdom, pray for us!
Bl. John Henry Newman, pray for us!

Recommended reading:

Fides et Ratio - Bl. John Paul II

The Idea of A University - (Blessed) John Henry Cardinal Newman